Saturday 23 February 2013

My Make-up Essentials!



I have to tell you that I am an absolute make-up maniac! I will stop at nothing in my quest to create that flawless air brushed yet natural look.  Thus far in my mission I've come across some products which have become absolutely essential for my survival! Its sounds dramatic but its true! enjoy!


First and foremost any make up fanatic worth her salt knows that you need a good primer,  I personally love 'Smashbox photo finish oil free primer' because it soft but not greasy and it gives an amazing matte look in photos! Its a bit pricey at £22 but its totally worth it and a little goes a long way.  

Next, its on with the 'Kick Ass Concealer' by Soap & Glory.  Not only does this little beauty have the cutest packaging but it also is a 3 in 1 deal comprising under eye brightening concealer, regular blemish concealer and a handy little powder for over the top! I've tried many many concealers throughout my spotty teenage years and I can  officially say that this is one of the best, and an absolute steal at only £10.  

When it comes to foundation, it HAS to be Estee Lauder 'Double Wear' foundation, literally no doubt about it I could not survive on this earth without it, believe me I've tried! This foundation sets me back £27.50 but its so worth it, oh god I've gotten through many a rough day thanks to this gem.

Mac 'Skin finish natural Mineralize powder' was introduced to me by the many beauty blogs, because people have been raving about it for ages! I finally caved and bought it a few months ago and I'm very glad I did! People used to say 'oh its really good sometimes I don't even need to wear foundation, just powder' and I was like yeah right you'll have to prize my doublewear foundation out of my cold dead hands...but on the odd occasion I have went out with just a quick swish of this glorious powder! Miracles do happen!

The lipstick of the moment for me is this plummy shade by Clinique which is quite bizarrely called 'perfect pink'  I don't really think its pink but never the less it is fab and only £13!

My two blush/bronze obsessions are 'Hoola' by Benefit £22, (if your a regular you'll have seen my post on this a few weeks ago) which is the newest product to join my essential list!  I've fallen in love with it so quickly because it looks so natural and its not orange or glittery yaaay!!  For the perfect pink glow on the apples of your cheeks, I would definitely recommend illamasqua blusher!  Its only £13.50 which I think is quite good.

It may not be in cute packaging, thus its not in the picture above, but I cannot overlook my trusty Rimmel eyebrow pencil which has been there for me for many years.  It matches up to its pricier rivals and its a bargain at only £2.99! I go NOWHERE without some eyebrow definition. 

I hope you enjoyed my essentials, I would love to hear some of years as I'm always on the hunt for the latest beauty craze!!


8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your essentials. I wish we had that Soap and Glory concealer here. I would love to try it.
    xo
    Tiffy
    http://www.CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tiffy, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I just followed your blog, I loved reading about your LA life! Hopefully you can follow me too.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and I live the way you laid out your blog
    http://wotshernameagain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're beautiful! I love your brows. You remind me of Demi Lovato, for some reason, and I mean that as a compliment because I think she's gorgeous. :)

    I love Soap & Glory, but I wish we had more of there stuff over here. That concealer sounds amazing! And I'm a big fan of Double Wear and Hoola. :) I'm dying to try Illamasqua forever now, but it's hard to find over here. Great post! :) Would you like to follow each other? xo

    http://stephsbeautyboutique.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much for your lovely comment! Demi is absolutely stunning so that is a definite compliment! I just checked out your blog and I really enjoyed it, I notice your a fan of Benefit bad gal lashes, I'm totally obsessed with it! Yeah we should totally follow each other! keep in touch!

      x

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! :) And yes...HUGE fan of Bad Gal Lashes. I personally prefer it to They're Real, which everyone seems to love. Following you back! Love your blog as well :) xo

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this fresh look! I don't see how you're jealous of my skin, yours is lovely!

    xo BK

    http://www.fxshionwasted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews